UPDATE: Four taken to hospital following Romford bus crash
Four people were taken to hospital after a collision between a bus and a car in Romford this afternoon.
The smash happened around 3.35pm when a single-decker route 370 collided with a black Ford Escort on the junction of South Street and Oldchurch Road.
A 31-year-old woman, believed to have been the driver of the car, and three bus passengers - including a small girl - were taken to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford.
One of the passengers, a 25-year-old woman, was carried onto an ambulance on a back board.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We sent three ambulances and a rapid response car and were on the scene within four minutes.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was cleared quickly and traffic is currently flowing freely.
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens charged with murder to face court
- 7 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 8 Action promised over 'lorry parking forcing children to walk in busy road'
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Local high street rewards scheme launched in Brentwood