UPDATE: Four taken to hospital following Romford bus crash
Four people were taken to hospital after a collision between a bus and a car in Romford this afternoon.
The smash happened around 3.35pm when a single-decker route 370 collided with a black Ford Escort on the junction of South Street and Oldchurch Road.
A 31-year-old woman, believed to have been the driver of the car, and three bus passengers - including a small girl - were taken to Queen’s Hospital, Rom Valley Way, Romford.
One of the passengers, a 25-year-old woman, was carried onto an ambulance on a back board.
A spokesman for the London Ambulance Service said: “We sent three ambulances and a rapid response car and were on the scene within four minutes.”
You may also want to watch:
The road was cleared quickly and traffic is currently flowing freely.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 4 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 5 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 6 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford