Update: Bus hits residential house
- Credit: Archant
An investigation will be launched after a bus crashed into a residential property in Harold Hill at about 2.15pm yesterday.
An out of service double decker bus, operated by stagecoach, rolled backwards from its stand in Dagnam Park Drive and hit a residential property in Dagnam Park Square.
Eyewitnesses told the Recorder that the bus driver was seen trying to board the empty bus as it rolled down a hill into the property.
The house it crashed into has suffered damage to its porch and external wall.
London Ambulance Service has confirmed that nobody was hurt.
You may also want to watch:
Ken Davisdson, TfL’s head of bus operations said: “There were no reported injuries and damage to the property is currently being assessed. There will be an investigation into this incident.”
Did you see anything? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0208 477 3821
- 1 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 2 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 3 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 6 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?