Unexplained death in Elm Park
THE BODY of a man in his twenties was found at a takeaway in Elm Park last week in an unexplained incident.
The man, believed to have been the proprietor of Ocean Fish and Chips, The Broadway, was pronounced dead by ambulance staff when they called at the property in the early hours of Saturday morning (January 29).
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly before 1.30am on Saturday to reports of a body found at a kebab shop in The Broadway, Elm Park. Officers attended and forced entry to the premises.
“His next of kin have been informed. The death is being treated as unexplained at this time and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.”
A post mortem is yet to have been carried out, but is in the process of being arranged by the authorities.
You may also want to watch:
A local shopworker, who did not want to be named, said: “There were still police here when we opened up at 7am the next morning. The fish bar was closed on Saturday and Sunday but it’s open again today (Monday).”
It is believed that the man had only been in charge of the takeaway for around a year.
- 1 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years