Unexplained death in Elm Park
THE BODY of a man in his twenties was found at a takeaway in Elm Park last week in an unexplained incident.
The man, believed to have been the proprietor of Ocean Fish and Chips, The Broadway, was pronounced dead by ambulance staff when they called at the property in the early hours of Saturday morning (January 29).
A police spokesman said: “Police were called shortly before 1.30am on Saturday to reports of a body found at a kebab shop in The Broadway, Elm Park. Officers attended and forced entry to the premises.
“His next of kin have been informed. The death is being treated as unexplained at this time and enquiries into the circumstances are ongoing.”
A post mortem is yet to have been carried out, but is in the process of being arranged by the authorities.
You may also want to watch:
A local shopworker, who did not want to be named, said: “There were still police here when we opened up at 7am the next morning. The fish bar was closed on Saturday and Sunday but it’s open again today (Monday).”
It is believed that the man had only been in charge of the takeaway for around a year.
- 1 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 2 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 3 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 6 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 7 'It's appalling' - Frustration over persistent Collier Row water leak
- 8 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 9 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 10 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering