Unattended toast sets kitchen on fire in Rainham
A man who left his toaster on and unattended set his kitchen on fire in Rainham on Wednesday night.
Firefighters from Wennington and Dagenham stations were called to the blaze at Annabelle Court in New Road around 8.30pm.
Due to difficulties ventilating the top floor flat, the crews spent around half an hour putting it out.
They then spoke to the man’s neighbours, giving safety advice to residents in the area.
Wennington watch manager Narinder Dail said: “He did the right thing, he shut the doors and dialled 999 and informed his neighbours.
You may also want to watch:
“He had a smoke alarm as well, so that was going off.
“No one was hurt in the incident.”
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
For a free fire visit from the fire brigade to for a home safety check call 0800 028 4428.