UFO in Romford...or just a lot of hot air?
Havering residents have been spooked by a series of unidentified flying object (UFO) sightings across the borough in recent weeks.
Some have contacted the Recorder about the phenomenon, while another has resorted to a YouTube appeal by uploading two videos, entitled “Is this a UFO over Collier Row, Romford, Essex?” to the popular website.
The clips show an object hurtling through the sky last Saturday (April 23).
The uploader says that the footage was filmed by a work colleague, and “I can guarantee you this isn’t fake footage, as I wouldn’t bother putting it up and wasting your time watching it, but let us know what you think.”
The previous Wednesday (April 20), an object was spotted over Romford.
You may also want to watch:
Resident Laura Buller said: “Me and my friend Jessie Leyburn were having a glass of wine in my garden at Hornford Way when in the sky was a big oval shape craft-like-thing that was glowing bright orange with lights round it about 10.30pm, this has also been spotted by others around the same time over the YMCA at Roneo Corner.”
Residents probably needn’t fear an extra-terristrial invasion though, as the sightings seem to have coincided with the take-off and landings of the Goodyear Blimp, which is currently based at Damyn’s Hall Aerodrome, Aveley Road, Upminster.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 Serial child sex offender jailed after found with 14,000 indecent images
- 3 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 4 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 5 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 6 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 7 Memorial bench at hospital honours 'well-loved' medic
- 8 Petition launched by family of Harvey Tyrrell soars to 40,000 signatures
- 9 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 10 Man's suicide method thoughts were not in clinical notes, inquest hears
A spokesman for the company confirmed that the aircraft was travelling back from the Tottenham Hotspur V Arsenal football match in North London on April 20 around the time it was seen in the air.
The blimp has also been spotted over Ilford, Newham and other areas of East London in recent days.