UFO in Romford...or just a lot of hot air?
Havering residents have been spooked by a series of unidentified flying object (UFO) sightings across the borough in recent weeks.
Some have contacted the Recorder about the phenomenon, while another has resorted to a YouTube appeal by uploading two videos, entitled “Is this a UFO over Collier Row, Romford, Essex?” to the popular website.
The clips show an object hurtling through the sky last Saturday (April 23).
The uploader says that the footage was filmed by a work colleague, and “I can guarantee you this isn’t fake footage, as I wouldn’t bother putting it up and wasting your time watching it, but let us know what you think.”
The previous Wednesday (April 20), an object was spotted over Romford.
Resident Laura Buller said: “Me and my friend Jessie Leyburn were having a glass of wine in my garden at Hornford Way when in the sky was a big oval shape craft-like-thing that was glowing bright orange with lights round it about 10.30pm, this has also been spotted by others around the same time over the YMCA at Roneo Corner.”
Residents probably needn’t fear an extra-terristrial invasion though, as the sightings seem to have coincided with the take-off and landings of the Goodyear Blimp, which is currently based at Damyn’s Hall Aerodrome, Aveley Road, Upminster.
- 1 Apology issued after NHS nurse 'was failed by short-staffed Queen's Hospital maternity ward'
- 2 Former Upminster farmer hopes to buy back land, but is wary of price going 'up and up and up'
- 3 13 flats and three commercial units in new four-storey block approved for Romford town centre
- 4 The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee flypast: Where, and when, the planes will fly over north and east London
- 5 Property spotlight: Property prices rocket around Premier League team's training ground
- 6 Another dispersal order in Elm Park amid youth ASB crackdown
- 7 VOTE: Which east London fish and chip shop is your favourite?
- 8 Supermarket giant Aldi confirms construction of new Romford store is ‘progressing well’
- 9 Hornchurch man given three-year football banning order for Nazi salutes
- 10 'Crucial' consultation begins on proposed changes to Lower Thames Crossing project
A spokesman for the company confirmed that the aircraft was travelling back from the Tottenham Hotspur V Arsenal football match in North London on April 20 around the time it was seen in the air.
The blimp has also been spotted over Ilford, Newham and other areas of East London in recent days.