UFO in Romford...or just a lot of hot air?
Havering residents have been spooked by a series of unidentified flying object (UFO) sightings across the borough in recent weeks.
Some have contacted the Recorder about the phenomenon, while another has resorted to a YouTube appeal by uploading two videos, entitled “Is this a UFO over Collier Row, Romford, Essex?” to the popular website.
The clips show an object hurtling through the sky last Saturday (April 23).
The uploader says that the footage was filmed by a work colleague, and “I can guarantee you this isn’t fake footage, as I wouldn’t bother putting it up and wasting your time watching it, but let us know what you think.”
The previous Wednesday (April 20), an object was spotted over Romford.
You may also want to watch:
Resident Laura Buller said: “Me and my friend Jessie Leyburn were having a glass of wine in my garden at Hornford Way when in the sky was a big oval shape craft-like-thing that was glowing bright orange with lights round it about 10.30pm, this has also been spotted by others around the same time over the YMCA at Roneo Corner.”
Residents probably needn’t fear an extra-terristrial invasion though, as the sightings seem to have coincided with the take-off and landings of the Goodyear Blimp, which is currently based at Damyn’s Hall Aerodrome, Aveley Road, Upminster.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 5 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 8 'Second of its kind' interactive Oceanarium room to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
A spokesman for the company confirmed that the aircraft was travelling back from the Tottenham Hotspur V Arsenal football match in North London on April 20 around the time it was seen in the air.
The blimp has also been spotted over Ilford, Newham and other areas of East London in recent days.