Two people overcome by smell of chlorine at Hornchurch sports centre

Two people had to be taken to hospital this afternoon after they were overcome by the smell of chlorine at a sports centre.

The David Lloyd Gym in Squirrels Heath Road, Hornchurch had to be evacuated today (Wednesday March 14) at around 3pm.

Crews from Hornchurch fire station attended to make sure the area was safe.

Firefighters were also called out to a chlorine leak from the basement of the gym last Friday.


You may also want to watch:


Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter