Two men arrested after drugs raid in Romford
Two men have been arrested in connection with drug offences after a police raid.
Police seized seven kilos of cocaine and 55 rounds of ammunition after the raid in Hill Rise, Lower Bedsford Road, Romford on Friday January 27.
A 32-year-old and a 19-year-old man was arrested at the address and they both remain in custody at an East London Police station.
It was part of an investigation by The Metropolitan Police Special Central Task Force.
Ten people have been arrested as part of the operation and the police have also seized in excess of 18 kilos of cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Colin Stephenson of the Central Task Force said: “My officers in conjunction with Havering Borough and Territorial Support Group (TSG) have seriously disrupted an organised criminal network dealing in drugs, counterfeit currency and ammunition, that doubt would have been destined for those eager to make a profit.
“We are committed to dismantling these criminal networks and today’s seizure demonstrates the Met’s drive and continued focus on disrupting the supply of Class A drugs and firearms on the streets of London.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted