Two men arrested after drugs raid in Romford
Two men have been arrested in connection with drug offences after a police raid.
Police seized seven kilos of cocaine and 55 rounds of ammunition after the raid in Hill Rise, Lower Bedsford Road, Romford on Friday January 27.
A 32-year-old and a 19-year-old man was arrested at the address and they both remain in custody at an East London Police station.
It was part of an investigation by The Metropolitan Police Special Central Task Force.
Ten people have been arrested as part of the operation and the police have also seized in excess of 18 kilos of cocaine.
You may also want to watch:
Detective Inspector Colin Stephenson of the Central Task Force said: “My officers in conjunction with Havering Borough and Territorial Support Group (TSG) have seriously disrupted an organised criminal network dealing in drugs, counterfeit currency and ammunition, that doubt would have been destined for those eager to make a profit.
“We are committed to dismantling these criminal networks and today’s seizure demonstrates the Met’s drive and continued focus on disrupting the supply of Class A drugs and firearms on the streets of London.”
- 1 Liverpool Street to Shenfield line suspended as person hit by train
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Brentwood deaths: Teen charged with double murder to appear in court
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 East London police officer charged with rape
- 6 End 8am scramble to secure GP appointments, watchdog warns
- 7 ATMs to be reinstalled in shopping mall in 'more prominent location'
- 8 Brentwood Halloween event cancelled following tragic deaths
- 9 Post delays reported in Harold Hill as Royal Mail confirms staff shortages
- 10 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van