Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- Credit: MPS
A man is believed to be seriously hurt following a collision today involving a reportedly stolen van.
The police were called at 11.15am this morning (October 25) to reports of a van theft in Hall Lane, Upminster.
When officers attended, they found there had been a crash involving the van and other vehicles.
Two men have been taken to hospital; one is believed to be in a serious condition.
There are no reports of any other injuries and road closures are in place.
Officers in the Met’s road and transport policing command have been informed, and their enquiries continue.
A London Ambulance Service spokesperson added: "We sent two ambulance crews, a control support vehicle, a paramedic in a fast response car, and an incident response officer. We also dispatched London's Air Ambulance.
- 1 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 2 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 3 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 4 Hornchurch man sentenced for child exploitation and animal porn
- 5 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 6 Man found dead following 'group disturbance' in Rainham
- 7 Murder investigation launched after man found dead in Rainham
- 8 ‘He put his life into family’: Tributes paid to former builder who died of Covid
- 9 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 10 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
"We treated two people at the scene for head injuries and took them both to a major trauma centre."