Two Havering schoolgirl beauties are hoping for your vote
�wo Havering schoolgirls are through to the second heat of a national beauty competition.
Emerson Park Academy pupil Courtney White, 15, from Rainham, and Sanders Drapers School student Abbie Tindall, also 15, from Harold Hill, are in the Miss Teen Queen UK contest.
The beauty pageant final will be held next year and prizes include an introduction to a modelling agency.
Courtney’s mum Kirsty said: “She really wants there to be some focus on the anti-bullying aspect of the competition – the organisers support Beat Bullying, and she was bullied when she was younger.
You may also want to watch:
“But she really is a beautiful swan now.
“She said to me you can beat bullies mentally, not physically. If she won she’s also really keen on the charity in Africa that the winner supports.”
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 5 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
Abbie’s mum Clair said: “She is definitely very excited about it. She’s never done anything like it before, although she used to do a bit of child modelling when she was a baby.
“It would be great if we can get lots of people to vote for her.”
To vote for Courtney call 0900 596 1000 and press 52 or text TQ52 to 81319, to vote for Abbie, call 0900 596 1000 and press 53 or text TQ53 to 81319.
Voting ends on Wednesday, texts cost 75p plus standard network rate.