Two Collier Row hopefuls miss out on X Factor dream
Two Collier Row X Factor hopefuls missed out on a chance to get through to the live shows of the X Factor this weekend.
Amy Mottram and Luke White from band Times Red were among four wildcards chosen after the judges’ houses stage of the competition last week.
After a week of public voting and publicity only one act would be able to join the 12 other X Factor finalists in the show.
Last week Amy, 16, went back to her old school Bower Park in Romford for a performance, while Luke White went around central London on an open top bus with his band mates to drum up support.
On Saturday night Dermot O’Leary announced that singer Chris Maloney had secured enough public votes to stay in the competition.
You may also want to watch:
Chris joined the other over 28s in Gary Barlow’s category. After Dermot announced is name Chris said: “I’m so happy that I’ve won.”
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds