Two arrested after Rainham car crash death
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a crash yesterday.
The men, believed to be in their 20s, were taken into custody after the collision on the A1306 in Rainham.
They were in a green Ford Mondeo, which collided with a black Ford C-Max containing the 36-year-old victim.
She was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, close to the junction with Launders Lane.
A post mortem is due to be held.
You may also want to watch:
The C-Max’s three passengers, believed to be the woman’s husband and two children, were taken to an east London hospital where they remain in a stable condition.
It is believed the Mondeo was travelling with a black older style BMW vehicle just before the accident, which happened at around noon on Monday.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 4 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
Police are asking anyone who saw the Mondeo and BMW travelling together before the crash or who can give information to get in contact.
Call the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8345 4955.