Two arrested after Rainham car crash death
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a crash yesterday.
The men, believed to be in their 20s, were taken into custody after the collision on the A1306 in Rainham.
They were in a green Ford Mondeo, which collided with a black Ford C-Max containing the 36-year-old victim.
She was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, close to the junction with Launders Lane.
A post mortem is due to be held.
You may also want to watch:
The C-Max’s three passengers, believed to be the woman’s husband and two children, were taken to an east London hospital where they remain in a stable condition.
It is believed the Mondeo was travelling with a black older style BMW vehicle just before the accident, which happened at around noon on Monday.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Man charged with multiple child exploitation offences to stand trial
- 3 Future of bus route hangs in the balance as consultation ends
- 4 Coffee shop apologises for 'mis-post' offering kitten as Christmas prize
- 5 BHRUT 'determined to learn' after inquest finds failures in pensioner's care before her death
- 6 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 7 Christmas lights switch-on to return in Romford
- 8 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 9 West Ham legend Sir Trevor Brooking supports charity golf day
- 10 Construction of new Rainham Leisure centre pushed back to 2022
Police are asking anyone who saw the Mondeo and BMW travelling together before the crash or who can give information to get in contact.
Call the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8345 4955.