Two arrested after Rainham car crash death
Two men have been arrested on suspicion of causing death by dangerous driving following a crash yesterday.
The men, believed to be in their 20s, were taken into custody after the collision on the A1306 in Rainham.
They were in a green Ford Mondeo, which collided with a black Ford C-Max containing the 36-year-old victim.
She was pronounced dead at the scene of the crash, close to the junction with Launders Lane.
A post mortem is due to be held.
You may also want to watch:
The C-Max’s three passengers, believed to be the woman’s husband and two children, were taken to an east London hospital where they remain in a stable condition.
It is believed the Mondeo was travelling with a black older style BMW vehicle just before the accident, which happened at around noon on Monday.
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
Police are asking anyone who saw the Mondeo and BMW travelling together before the crash or who can give information to get in contact.
Call the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 020 8345 4955.