Turn heads at Fashion Heroes event and £2,500 could be yours
- Credit: Archant
Dress to impress for your chance to win prizes worth £2,500 at a star-studded charity bash this bank holiday weekend.
The Havering Fashion Heroes event at the Brickyard Bar and Grill in South Street, Romford, is gearing up for its show today (Monday) with plenty of prizes up for grabs and entertainment from local singers.
It is showcasing the talents of local businesses in the borough while also raising money for Help For Heroes.
Organiser Karen Wilton, who runs her own online fashion business called The Only Way Is Bikinis in Collier Row, said: “The focus is on local businesses and what they have to offer. All eight businesses who will be showing their latest spring/summer ranges on the catwalk will have what you see on the night for sale.
“All of them are individual and offer bespoke services, and they offer real clothes for people of real sizes, and some of them are really unusual.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “A lot of the businesses and enterprises are small or starting out so this was a good way to showcase what they have so people can see the clothes up close.
“And Help For Heroes is a personal charity for a lot of us as a lot of us involved know someone who is in or been to Afghanistan.”
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
Entertainment on the night will include singer Tony Roberts, from Britain’s Got Talent; Wills Childs, Amy Childs’ brother; local beatboxer Philip Cotter; girl band Aura; impersonator Dean Taylor; singer Bianca Cook, and DJ Colin Francis.
Four people from the audience will be picked before one is crowned as the overall most stylish.
The winner will walk away with a photo shoot worth more than £2,500, sponsored by RM Magazine and Positive Media.
Other prizes include a full hair makeover by the artistic team at Falltricks Salon and Training School in Western Road, Romford, and free teeth whitening at Perfect Smile Spa in High Street, Hornchurch.
The competition is open to all those over 18 and anyone entering must have made a minimum donation of £7 to Help For Heroes.The compere will be Adam Ryan, from the Essex Fashion Show. The event will include a catwalk with fashion from The Only Way Is Bikinis, Kandi Clothing, Ellie Boutique, Sexy Penguin, Gorgeous Boutique, Boutique Boo, as well as Ellie Boutique and HRHighness Shoetique. Doors open at 5.30pm and the catwalk show is from 6.30pm.
Tickets – £10 standing and £15 seated – are available from the Brickyard Bar and Grill on 01708 743 167.