Tuohy takes Hornchurch higher
Romford fall further with another loss
Martin Tuohy was the matchwinner again as Hornchurch climbed into the Ryman Premier Division play-off places last night.
Tuohy struck the only goal of the game against former club Aveley at Bridge Avenue, three days after his early effort had seen off Croydon Athletic.
A fourth successive league victory lifted Urchins two places to fifth to give manager Jimmy McFarlane a big lift going into the business end of the campaign.
But Romford’s Paul Martin saw his side ship four more goals as they fell to another defeat in Ryman Division One North.
You may also want to watch:
Beaten 3-0 on their own patch by Tilbury at the weekend, Boro found themselves 4-0 down against Harlow after 65 minutes.
Former Urchins Leon Antoine and Bertie Brayley (2) were among the Harlow scorers, before Petrit Elbi’s late brace provided some consolation.
- 1 Teen hospitalised after being stabbed in Upminster
- 2 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 3 Romford school prepped for another 100 years as major renovation works end
- 4 Public detain male in street after alleged bid to rob Rainham shop
- 5 Broken bus stop in Upminster to be repaired within 'few weeks'
- 6 Royal Mail apologises for Covid-related delays as pensioner reports no deliveries 'for weeks'
- 7 Hospital's failure to identify neck injury 'contributed' to courier's death, inquest finds
- 8 Woman who struggled to walk with 'excruciating pain’ to run London Marathon
- 9 Hospitality Hero: 'Biggest prize is appreciation,' says tearoom owner
- 10 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
Without a win in six games, Boro have slumped to tenth in the table, but are only five points off a play-off place, with four games in hand on Maldon.