Tuohy takes Hornchurch higher
Romford fall further with another loss
Martin Tuohy was the matchwinner again as Hornchurch climbed into the Ryman Premier Division play-off places last night.
Tuohy struck the only goal of the game against former club Aveley at Bridge Avenue, three days after his early effort had seen off Croydon Athletic.
A fourth successive league victory lifted Urchins two places to fifth to give manager Jimmy McFarlane a big lift going into the business end of the campaign.
But Romford’s Paul Martin saw his side ship four more goals as they fell to another defeat in Ryman Division One North.
You may also want to watch:
Beaten 3-0 on their own patch by Tilbury at the weekend, Boro found themselves 4-0 down against Harlow after 65 minutes.
Former Urchins Leon Antoine and Bertie Brayley (2) were among the Harlow scorers, before Petrit Elbi’s late brace provided some consolation.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
Without a win in six games, Boro have slumped to tenth in the table, but are only five points off a play-off place, with four games in hand on Maldon.