Tuohy keeps Hornchurch on target
Defeat hits Romford’s hopes
Martin Tuohy’s double helped Hornchurch to a 4-0 win over Carshalton to keep their Ryman Premier Division play-off hopes alive.
Jonathan Hunt broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time and the introduction of Lewis Smith proved to be influential in the second half.
Smith fired just over early on, before Hunt’s superb ball over the top found Tuohy, who made no mistake with a cool finish.
Frankie Curley finished off a superb flowing move, started by Smith, to make it 3-0 and Hornchurch completed the emphatic second half showing when Tuohy fired home a pass from substitute Ashley Taylor-Forbes.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins remain four points off the top five, though, with four games to go and visit Canvey this weekend.
Romford’s hopes of a Division One North play-off place look to be over for good after a 2-0 home defeat against Brentwood.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 3 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
Boro slipped to 12th place as a result and lie 10 points off the pace with only five games remaining.
Steve Butterworth put high-flying Brentwood ahead just before half-time and a mix-up between Adam Rafis and James Ishmail allowed Leon Fisher to seal the points in the 55th minute.
Boro visit lowly Redbridge tomorrow night.