Tuohy keeps Hornchurch on target
Defeat hits Romford’s hopes
Martin Tuohy’s double helped Hornchurch to a 4-0 win over Carshalton to keep their Ryman Premier Division play-off hopes alive.
Jonathan Hunt broke the deadlock on the stroke of half-time and the introduction of Lewis Smith proved to be influential in the second half.
Smith fired just over early on, before Hunt’s superb ball over the top found Tuohy, who made no mistake with a cool finish.
Frankie Curley finished off a superb flowing move, started by Smith, to make it 3-0 and Hornchurch completed the emphatic second half showing when Tuohy fired home a pass from substitute Ashley Taylor-Forbes.
You may also want to watch:
Urchins remain four points off the top five, though, with four games to go and visit Canvey this weekend.
Romford’s hopes of a Division One North play-off place look to be over for good after a 2-0 home defeat against Brentwood.
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 5 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
Boro slipped to 12th place as a result and lie 10 points off the pace with only five games remaining.
Steve Butterworth put high-flying Brentwood ahead just before half-time and a mix-up between Adam Rafis and James Ishmail allowed Leon Fisher to seal the points in the 55th minute.
Boro visit lowly Redbridge tomorrow night.