Tuohy is Hornchurch hero again
Striker sees off former club
Ryman Premier Division
Aveley 2 Hornchurch 3
Martin Tuohy’s 75th-minute goal saw Hornchurch to a tense 3-2 win at Aveley last night.
Urchins made a flying start to the Ryman Premier Division derby as captain Elliot Styles netted after just two minutes at Mill Field.
You may also want to watch:
But Millers bounced back to shock Jimmy McFarlane’s men with two goals in three minutes before the interval.
Ellis Remy’s 42nd-minute free-kick got the home side back on terms and he struck again on the stroke of half-time to give manager Carl Griffiths a notable lift.
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
Lewis Smith got Hornchurch – 6-0 winners over Tooting at the weekend – back on terms five minutes after the restart, though.
And Tuohy, whose goalscoring prowess helped Aveley reach the Premier Division play-offs in 2009/10, netted his seventh goal of the current campaign to clinch the points with a quarter of an hour remaining.
A third successive victory lifted Hornchurch above Billericay into seventh place, with an FA Cup first qualifying round tie against Concord next on the agenda this weekend.
Romford, unbeaten in five matches, return to Ryman One North action tonight (Tuesday) as they visit Waltham Abbey.