Tuesday football: Half-time latest
Heybridge 2 Romford 2; Concord 2 Hornchurch 1
There has been no shortage of goals in the opening 45 minutes of the two games involving our sides tonight.
Romford’s Ryman One North clash at Heybridge started 15 minutes late, after an accident on the A12 delayed Boro’s arrival at Scraley Road.
And Paul Martin’s men were soon behind as Tom English netted an early penalty for the hosts.
Alex Read levelled with a low drive in the seventh minute, only for English to net from the spot for a second time after 25 minutes.
You may also want to watch:
Jack Barry hauled Boro back on terms eight minutes later, though, to set up an intriguing second half.
Hornchurch, meanwhile, found themselves 2-0 down inside 15 minutes of their Essex Senior Cup tie at Concord.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Case for release of Gallows Corner upgrade funds is in pipeline, TfL says
- 5 Thunderstorms and possible flooding forecast for east London
- 6 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 7 120-home development on Harold Hill college site approved
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 10 Weather warning in place with east London set for thundery weekend
Tony Stokes put Ranges ahead, with Harry Elmes doubling their advantage, but Rickie Hayles hit back six minutes before the break to lift Urchins hopes.