Tuesday football: Essex Senior Cup
Concord v Hornchurch
Hornchurch will be looking to get back to winning ways on Canvey Island tonight.
Urchins suffered their first league defeat since early October at the weekend, as play-off rivals Lowestoft took the Ryman Premier points at Bridge Avenue with a 2-1 victory.
It was only a second defeat in 17 for Jimmy McFarlane’s men, who visit fierce rivals Concord bidding for a quarter-final spot in the county’s premier competition.
Hornchurch were beaten 2-1 by League One side Colchester in last season’s delayed final, which was played in August after the original fixture at Dagenham & Redbridge was postponed due to a waterlogged pitch.
You may also want to watch:
And McFarlane, a former winner of the prestigious trophy, will be keen to maintain the club’s interest in this season’s competition, with a trip to struggling Division One North side Heybridge awaiting the winners of tonight’s tie.
Frankie Curley and Lewis Smith netted as Urchins beat Concord 2-0 in league play in early November, but Tambeson Eyong was sent off for two bookable offences
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people