True Blood star Stephen Moyer describes Brentwood as ‘Only Way is Essex town’ on US TV
American audiences learnt about our Brentwood thanks to the coming together of two very different TV shows on Thursday night.
Star of US vampire drama True Blood, and patron of the Brentwood Theatre, Stephen Moyer appeared on the long-running chat show Jimmy Kimmel Live, where he discussed his home town.
One of the first things Moyer decided to tell audiences about the town was that it is host to the Only Way is Essex.
Presumably talking about the former White Hart, now the Sugar Hut, he said: “It’s actually the home of the British version of Jersey Shore, which is produced by a friend of mine. One of the pubs that I used to drink in is the centre of it.”
To which host Jimmy Kimmel replied: “Are people spray tanned orange there?”
You may also want to watch:
Moyer said: “Brentwood High Street is just full of them (tanning salons).”
The actor also said that the part of Brentwood he grew up in was “pretty rough” and that he believes the town of Brentwood, California was named after the Essex town as he read it on Wikipedia.
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 4 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 8 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 9 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years