True Blood star Stephen Moyer describes Brentwood as ‘Only Way is Essex town’ on US TV
American audiences learnt about our Brentwood thanks to the coming together of two very different TV shows on Thursday night.
Star of US vampire drama True Blood, and patron of the Brentwood Theatre, Stephen Moyer appeared on the long-running chat show Jimmy Kimmel Live, where he discussed his home town.
One of the first things Moyer decided to tell audiences about the town was that it is host to the Only Way is Essex.
Presumably talking about the former White Hart, now the Sugar Hut, he said: “It’s actually the home of the British version of Jersey Shore, which is produced by a friend of mine. One of the pubs that I used to drink in is the centre of it.”
To which host Jimmy Kimmel replied: “Are people spray tanned orange there?”
You may also want to watch:
Moyer said: “Brentwood High Street is just full of them (tanning salons).”
The actor also said that the part of Brentwood he grew up in was “pretty rough” and that he believes the town of Brentwood, California was named after the Essex town as he read it on Wikipedia.
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 8 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 9 'I've never felt so excited' - Theatre company saved from collapse
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people