Tributes to “good mother” who died in Rainham car smash
A mother died in a car crash on her way to a family day out with her husband and children.
Julie Morrison, 36, was driving the Ford C-Max along the A1306 in Rainham when it was in collision with a Ford Mondeo.
She was with husband Christopher and their children, Eloise and James aged four and seven. The family were said to be going on an Easter holiday trip to Lakeside.
Former Abbs Cross School pupil Mrs Morrison, who also went to Havering Sixth Form College, died at the scene of the crash, which happened near the junction with Launder’s Lane.
A post-mortem found the Penrith Crescent, Rainham resident, whose parents Janice and James Gray live nearby, died of multiple injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Neighbours in Penrith Crescent, Rainham, were left devastated by the news of Mrs Morrison’s death. One said: “She was such a good neighbour and such a good mother.
“She had two lovely kids who thought the world of her.”
- 1 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 2 Romford man gains 100,000 signatures to scrap £200m Prince Philip yacht
- 3 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
- 4 Havering electoral wards face axe as borough is split into 20 areas
- 5 Why Romford MP is allowed to keep names of donors secret
- 6 Town centre app launches to entice shoppers to Romford
- 7 Romford Tesco Extra plants trees to offset car emissions
- 8 'No one deserves that': Neighbours 'traumatised' by triple stabbing
- 9 One teenager dead in Harold Wood triple stabbing
- 10 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
Mr Morrison and Eloise and James have been released from hospital following treatment for fractures and bruising.
The passenger of the Mondeo, a man in his 20s, remains at an east London hospital in a stable condition.
Police are appealing for information following the collision and are anxious to trace a black BMW seen travelling with the Mondeo.
Investigating officer Sergent John Woods said: “We urgently need to speak to anyone who witnessed the Mondeo and BMW together or has any information about the BMW and its occupants.”
The accident happened just before noon on Monday. Anyone with information call the Road Death Investigation Unit at Chadwell Heath Traffic Garage on 0208 345 4955.
-Agibola Akinyosade, 23, (8.07.87), of Dagenham Road, Rainham, appeared at Havering Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday charged with causing death by dangerous driving, driving whilst disqualified and driving with no insurance. He was remanded to appear at Basildon Crown Court on Monday, June 27.