Tree-planting session open to all in Bonnetts Wood, Upminster
- Credit: Archant
Green fingers of all ages are welcome at a community tree planting day next week.
The government’s Forestry Commission has organised the session on Thursday, February 21, to help extend an area in Bonnetts Wood, Upminster. The site was previously part of a land fill and has been restored by the Forestry Commission and site owners Ingrebourne Valley Limited.
No experience or tools are required – just bring warm clothes and wellies. You can come at any time and will be shown how to plant a tree.
There will be hot drinks and toilets on site.
Parking is available on-site via Gerpins Lane. The entrance to the site is about 20 metres beyond the recycling centre.
You may also want to watch:
For more information call the community ranger on 01708 642964 or visit forestry.gov.uk/thameschase.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 7 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 8 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 9 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations