Travel: Greater Anglia train disruption through Romford
- Credit: Archant
Commuters on Greater Anglia services through Romford are facing delays and cancellations this evening because of a broken down train.
The rail operator tweeted: “#LivSt-due to a broken down train, Metro services to Shenfield/Southend Vic from Liv St may be delayed/cancelled at short notice.”
Shortly after 6pm it posted: “London Buses are accepting GA tickets between Liv St-Romford. London Underground accepting tickets for reasonable routes.” In a statement on its website, the service said a train had broken down outside Liverpool Street, blocking one of the three London-bound lines and platforms 15 to 18 at the station. Because of the reduction in platforms, some trains on the Metro route between Shenfield/Gidea Park and Liverpool Street may also be cancelled.
All other services from Liverpool Street which go via Stratford or Shenfield are also subject to delays.
London Buses are accepting tickets between Liverpool Street and Romford, with tickets accepted on London Underground via any reasonable route.
You may also want to watch:
“A fleet engineer is on the train, and along with the driver, are working as fast as possible to over come the fault and move the train,” said the statement.
Check back for updates.
- 1 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 2 New rapid testing sites open in Romford and Upminster
- 3 Man jailed for drug offences and violent assaults in Romford flat
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 CCTV cameras to enforce new lorry ban through Rainham village
- 6 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 7 New venture for Hornchurch MasterChef hairdresser
- 8 Family of Harvey Tyrrell campaigning for stricter pub safety laws
- 9 Masks scrapped 'as early as next month' and over 35s jabs 'soon'
- 10 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?