Daggers sign Spanish winger Luque
- Credit: PA Archive/PA Images
Forward moves to Victoria Road on one-year deal
Dagenham & Redbridge have signed Spanish winger Joan Luque on a one-year deal.
The 26-year-old joins Daggers having ended last season with Concord Rangers in the Vanarama National League South after being released by Sky Bet League Two side Lincoln City.
The attacker has previously worked with Daggers coach Jody Brown, with Luque having played under him while the pair were at Bostik North side Heybridge Swifts.
The Spanish forwards is Daggers' second signing of the summer with Josh Strizovic having moved to Victoria Road last week.
Luque's signing was confirmed just hours after Peter Taylor's men announced midfielder Matt Robinson had penned a new one-year deal with the National League club.
Daggers boss Taylor told the club website: "We're delighted to bring Joan the club, and we will be looking for him to replicate the form that he showed at Heybridge Swifts that earned him his move to Lincoln City."
- 1 Farming family to be evicted from Upminster land they worked for a century
- 2 Wheelchair user's 'disgust' at borough's pavements after park visit ends with hour wait for ambulance
- 3 'Everybody wanted to be in his company': Tributes paid to popular Romford postman
- 4 Murder investigation continues after man found dead after disturbance in Rainham
- 5 ‘If it’s happening, it’s a concern’: Hornchurch's surprise at claims Havering is at risk of far-right activity
- 6 'I thought I was dying': Havering mayor and deputy catch Covid
- 7 Weather warning issued ahead of expected gale force winds in London
- 8 Romford shopping centre to host more than 50 events in run up to Christmas
- 9 Travel: What to watch out for across Havering, Redbridge and Barking and Dagenham
- 10 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid