Trains stopping again at Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath
- Credit: Archant
Overheard wire problems created havoc on the train line from Liverpool Street to Shenfield this morning.
Services could not stop at Seven Kings, Goodmayes and Chadwell Heath and many on the busy line through Ilford were cancelled and delayed between 10am and 11am.
The lines have now been reopened but residual delays are possible.
The problem between Manor Park and Romford affected Shenfield-bound trains.
An Abellio Greater Anglia statement said: “Customers may travel through to Romford and return in the London bound direction, or use Tfl local buses from Ilford towards Romford.
You may also want to watch:
“Thank you for your patience and understanding, whilst Network Rail engineers work to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.”
Tickets were accepted on any Transport for London services via “reasonable” routes.
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 7 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 8 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 'Stay strong': West Ham footballers send messages to fan with cancer