Train companies which serve Havering get high marks for punctuality
- Credit: © PA
Both of the rail companies which serve Havering have announced that their trains have been running at, or close to, record levels of punctuality.
c2c, which runs services via Rainham and Upminster recorded the best performance in the country for rail operators in the last year.
National Express-owned c2c’s record score of 97.5 per cent of its trains on time was 6pc above the national average and beats its own previous record.
Meanwhile Greater Anglia scored one of the best results in the 12-year history of the franchised line from Liverpool Street to Shenfield in the same periods.
The service, which calls at Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood achieved a 94.4pc punctuality score.
You may also want to watch:
The figures covered the period up to January 5, prior to the services problems last Monday (January 7).
c2c managing director Julian Drury said: “In a month with severe weather conditions challenging daily life across the country, c2c have continued getting our customers to work on time.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 3 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 4 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 5 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 6 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 7 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 8 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 9 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 10 Heritage: Romford's key role in the English Civil War
“We’re delighted to have set a new record for train punctuality, and this sets the standard for the rest of 2013.”
He added: “Our priority will remain delivering the highly punctual service that our customers have come to expect.”
Ruud Haket, managing director of Greater Anglia, said: “Our continued and relentless focus on delivering better and improving levels of train service punctuality is positively reflected in these latest performance statistics.”
What do you think of the services? Leave your comments below or email email@example.com.