Train companies which serve Havering get high marks for punctuality
- Credit: © PA
Both of the rail companies which serve Havering have announced that their trains have been running at, or close to, record levels of punctuality.
c2c, which runs services via Rainham and Upminster recorded the best performance in the country for rail operators in the last year.
National Express-owned c2c’s record score of 97.5 per cent of its trains on time was 6pc above the national average and beats its own previous record.
Meanwhile Greater Anglia scored one of the best results in the 12-year history of the franchised line from Liverpool Street to Shenfield in the same periods.
The service, which calls at Romford, Gidea Park and Harold Wood achieved a 94.4pc punctuality score.
You may also want to watch:
The figures covered the period up to January 5, prior to the services problems last Monday (January 7).
c2c managing director Julian Drury said: “In a month with severe weather conditions challenging daily life across the country, c2c have continued getting our customers to work on time.
- 1 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 2 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Upminster chef named best in the country with award
- 5 Cladding scandal: Homeowners ‘stuck’ as service charges rise
- 6 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 7 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
- 8 Men questioned and 200 hours of CCTV seized after boys killed in Brentwood
- 9 Detectives appeal for witnesses to Upminster crash involving 'stolen' van
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?
“We’re delighted to have set a new record for train punctuality, and this sets the standard for the rest of 2013.”
He added: “Our priority will remain delivering the highly punctual service that our customers have come to expect.”
Ruud Haket, managing director of Greater Anglia, said: “Our continued and relentless focus on delivering better and improving levels of train service punctuality is positively reflected in these latest performance statistics.”
What do you think of the services? Leave your comments below or email firstname.lastname@example.org.