Tragic moped rider Robert Stewart, 18, ‘was to be dad’
The young man tragically killed in a road accident in Collier Row on Sunday has been named locally as Robert Stewart.
The 18-year-old, who it is believed was expecting a child with his girlfriend, was pronounced dead at the scene, after his moped collided with a Chrysler Voyager at 6.30pm.
The incident took place at the junction of Burland Road and Highfield Road.
Family and friends have laid tributes at the scene.
One message reads: “Always in our heart, never forgotten. Will be sadly missed by everyone. Only just 18-years-old, so looking forward to being a dad.”
You may also want to watch:
Witnesses to the accident should call Chadwell Heath road death investigation unit on: 0208 597 4874
If you would like to leave a tribute to the teen, please contact the Recorder on: 0208 477 3878
- 1 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 2 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 9 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 10 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers