Upminster Road North to be resurfaced in September
- Credit: Google Maps
Upminster Road North is to be resurfaced next month, it has been confirmed.
Dagenham and Rainham MP Jon Cruddas - together with his team - raised concerns about the road with Havering Council after being contacted by residents.
Describing the resurfacing plans as "a very welcome announcement", Mr Cruddas said the area's roads have been on his team's radar for some time.
“The local Labour Action Team are working hard to hold the council to account.
"We are hoping that this is the first of many improvements for Rainham.”
Havering Council leader Damian White confirmed the works, though stated that a June review of the borough's roads was carried out at his request.
“After speaking to local councillors, I am pleased to say Upminster Road North was one of three roads that have been added to this year’s programme and that work will start in late September," added Cllr White.
- 1 Man and woman arrested following Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Construction company asks to make changes to approved 40-flat development in Romford
- 3 Plan for homes next to listed Hornchurch water tower rumoured to cover monks’ escape tunnel
- 4 Rainham road closed as tactic to stop flytipping
- 5 Mum-of-two honoured by US president Joe Biden
- 6 Two Havering councillors to stand down at next election
- 7 Homes under the Planner: Applications lodged or rejected in Havering
- 8 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 9 Fire crews free trapped driver after Hornchurch car crash
- 10 Tribute paid to father one year after death in council hostel