Man dies after Romford car park incident
- Credit: PA
A man has died after an incident at a car park in Romford this morning.
Police were called at 8.39am today - Thursday, May 12 - to concerns for the safety of a man on a high floor at a car park in St Edwards Way.
A Met spokesperson said: "At the scene, a 22-year-old man had fallen from the car park structure.
"He was sadly pronounced dead at the scene at 9.02am.
"At this early stage the death is being treated as unexplained but is not thought to be suspicious."
Police are attempting to trace and notify next of kin, and enquiries into the incident continue.
St Edwards Way is currently closed northbound at the junction of North Street.
- 1 Queen’s Platinum Jubilee: Street parties and road closures in Havering
- 2 Have your say: End of consultation on plans for 860 Romford homes looms
- 3 As many as 15 injured in Gidea Park bus crash
- 4 'It felt like a dream': Upminster headteacher attends Queen's Garden Party
- 5 'Dangerous' congestion: Harold Wood school's bid to ease 'highway safety issue' with new access gate
- 6 TOWIE stars and West Ham footballer attend Upminster health centre's launch
- 7 Romford SEND academy asks to change timber cladding for durable alternative
- 8 TfL confirms plan to 'strengthen' Gallows Corner flyover 'for many generations to come'
- 9 Town Hall cleaner feels 'failed' as he remains homeless for third month
- 10 'Wall is going to give': Leaky shower wreaks havoc in Harold Hill home as family await further repairs
The AA says there is congestion to traffic coming into Romford from Gidea Park, onto the eastern side of the ring road.
A detour is in operation, affecting 16 bus routes.
Motorists are advised to avoid the area.