Free weekend parking to 'boost Havering's high streets' for Christmas season
- Credit: PA
Drivers can benefit from free weekend car parking in Havering over Christmas and New Year.
Havering Council has said all the car parks it runs will offer free car parking at weekends from November 27 until January 2, 2022.
Parking fees will be suspended on Saturdays from November 27 to January 2 inclusive.
The scheme aims to support businesses in the high street and town centres over the festive period and runs alongside the already in place, free parking on Sundays, which will continue.
Cllr Damian White, leader of Havering Council, said the free parking offered will help to give shops a “much-needed boost at what is one of the most important times of the year”.
He added: “The retail and hospitality sector has suffered a lot because of the restrictions we have faced with the Covid-19 pandemic.
“Not only does free parking support and encourage our residents to shop local – it will hopefully provide a shot in the arm to Havering businesses after what has been another challenging year.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay: Love Island star offers ‘deepest condolences’ after fatal motorcycle collision
- 2 'Totally gutted’: Hornchurch nightclub owner vows to appeal after opening hours extension refused
- 3 Romford World Naked Bike Ride: How protest sits at the heart of the nude cycle
- 4 Motorcyclist dies after collision with car on Shepherds Hill
- 5 ‘It winds me up’: Cleanliness of Romford’s South Street slammed
- 6 Hornchurch police station: No movement on purchase plan as assurances sought about station's future
- 7 Romford flooring company proposes disused shop as site for new three-storey building with six homes
- 8 Man dies after suffering gunshot injuries in Harold Hill
- 9 Ilford man charged with possession of knife after Romford nightclub search
- 10 'Extremely hard': Mum donates Isla Caton's toys in act of kindness so 'her legacy lives on'
Charges remain as usual for on-street parking bays.