Can you spot the Christmas twists on this c2c departure board?
- Credit: Robert Wares
Passengers waiting for c2c trains have been surprised to find some festive twists on the departure board.
Commuters were forced to double-take after noticing their 6.50pm train to Southend Central included several unusual stops - including "Sleigh on Sea" and "Tinselbury Town".
Eagle-eyed passenger Robert Wares spotted the Christmas-y line-up as he waited for his train at West Ham.
Included on the list were "Tinselbury Town", "Elf Tilbury", "Santaford le Hope" and "Sleigh on Sea".
Posting his find on Facebook, Robert wrote: "I was waiting for my train at West Ham and it took me a minute to realise Tinselbury town doesn’t actually exist…"
Another passenger spotted "Upmincepiester" listed as a stop on a Fenchurch Street departure board.
Someone commented on Facebook: "All of these sound completely plausible as names of British towns."
- 1 Primark confirms 'incident' involving baby in Romford store
- 2 Man murdered two armed teenage boys who had been chasing him, court told
- 3 Application to build eight five-bed chalet bungalows in Havering-atte-Bower
- 4 Jailed: Hornchurch man found with weapons in Dagenham
- 5 'Increased demand' to blame for overflowing Hornchurch bins, supermarket says
- 6 Romford sexual abuse victim feels 'truly alone' after paedophile given suspended sentence
- 7 Previous 15% pay cut overridden for some top Havering politicians in restructure
- 8 Free giveaway: Bereaved Hornchurch man to distribute new invention created while wife was terminally ill
- 9 Plans submitted for 'new housing development' in Hornchurch
- 10 Census 2021: What has changed in your borough since 2011?
Another wrote: "Love it, a bit of Christmas merrymaking."