Harold Wood to Harold Hill bus at risk as consultation opens on its future
- Credit: André Langlois
The 497 bus route could be withdrawn, according to proposals set out by Transport for London (TfL).
A consultation has opened to decide the fate of this service, which currently runs between Harold Wood Station to Gooshays Drive in Harold Hill via Gallows Corner Tesco.
There are two options on the table; the first is to extend the route to serve bus stops between Gooshays Drive and a new terminal at Dagnam Park Square.
The second is a total withdrawal of the route.
An extension would see the bus go from Gooshays Drive roundabout via Dagnam Park Drive, Leamington Road and Petersfield Avenue to its final stop.
You may also want to watch:
This service - introduced in January 2020 - faces an uncertain future after a review found it required more passengers to remain sustainable.
The consultation is open until October 17.
Comment by completing an online survey at haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-497/survey_tools/bus-route-497-survey
People can also email their views to email@example.com
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday
TfL says a decision will be made once all responses are reviewed.