Harold Wood to Harold Hill bus at risk as consultation opens on its future
- Credit: André Langlois
The 497 bus route could be withdrawn, according to proposals set out by Transport for London (TfL).
A consultation has opened to decide the fate of this service, which currently runs between Harold Wood Station to Gooshays Drive in Harold Hill via Gallows Corner Tesco.
There are two options on the table; the first is to extend the route to serve bus stops between Gooshays Drive and a new terminal at Dagnam Park Square.
The second is a total withdrawal of the route.
An extension would see the bus go from Gooshays Drive roundabout via Dagnam Park Drive, Leamington Road and Petersfield Avenue to its final stop.
You may also want to watch:
This service - introduced in January 2020 - faces an uncertain future after a review found it required more passengers to remain sustainable.
The consultation is open until October 17.
Comment by completing an online survey at haveyoursay.tfl.gov.uk/bus-route-497/survey_tools/bus-route-497-survey
People can also email their views to firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
TfL says a decision will be made once all responses are reviewed.