Warning: M25 delays as QE2 bridge closed due to police incident
- Credit: PA
Traffic is continuing to build on the M25 because a police incident has closed the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge (QE2) at the Dartford Crossing.
Essex Police were called to the crossing at about 2.50pm today with "concerns for the welfare of a man".
Police are now urging drivers to avoid the area, and according to the AA, congestion is stretching back to junction 28 with the A12.
A diversion route is in operation through one of the Dartford tunnels.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “Emergency services attended and are working to resolve the situation as quickly and safely as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
They thanked drivers for "patience and understanding”.
- 1 Havering road and rail delays to look out for next week
- 2 Best places to have a curry in Havering as chosen by readers
- 3 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 4 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 5 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 6 Havering's Hospitality Heroes revealed: Which venues are crowned winners?
- 7 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 8 Covid cases drop at Queen’s and King George hospitals
- 9 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 10 Gidea Park school to celebrate 100th birthday