Warning: M25 delays as QE2 bridge closed due to police incident
- Credit: PA
Traffic is continuing to build on the M25 because a police incident has closed the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge (QE2) at the Dartford Crossing.
Essex Police were called to the crossing at about 2.50pm today with "concerns for the welfare of a man".
Police are now urging drivers to avoid the area, and according to the AA, congestion is stretching back to junction 28 with the A12.
A diversion route is in operation through one of the Dartford tunnels.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “Emergency services attended and are working to resolve the situation as quickly and safely as possible.”
You may also want to watch:
They thanked drivers for "patience and understanding”.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 5 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 6 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 7 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 8 Consultations open on rolling out school streets to 12 new sites
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home