Warning: M25 delays as QE2 bridge closed due to police incident
- Credit: PA
Traffic is continuing to build on the M25 because a police incident has closed the Queen Elizabeth II Bridge (QE2) at the Dartford Crossing.
Essex Police were called to the crossing at about 2.50pm today with "concerns for the welfare of a man".
Police are now urging drivers to avoid the area, and according to the AA, congestion is stretching back to junction 28 with the A12.
A diversion route is in operation through one of the Dartford tunnels.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: “Emergency services attended and are working to resolve the situation as quickly and safely as possible.”
They thanked drivers for "patience and understanding”.
- 1 Rainham cannabis factory worth over £1m busted in drugs raid
- 2 School submits plans to demolish sports hall and build multi-million pound replacement
- 3 'I feel ignored': Mum of three speaks out about bid to escape cramped housing
- 4 'Abused, slapped and spat at': New Romford shopping centre tells of racist abuse suffered by staff
- 5 Twelve Havering properties sold for more than £1m in October
- 6 Child 'in collision with car' in Rainham
- 7 Man saved from Romford house fire
- 8 Two vehicles involved in early morning crash at Romford junction
- 9 Building to begin on more than 80 homes in second phase of development
- 10 Romford pupil wins national competition by setting the best table