Traders and residents enjoy local produce while shopping in Pilgrims Hatch
- Credit: Archant
Traders and residents enjoyed some locally produced beer while out shopping in Pilgrims Hatch.
Cllrs Vicky Davies and Barry Aspinell visited the Hatch Road traders and enjoyed samples of beer from the Brentwood Brewing Company.
Colin Roberts, of Berts Butchers, who organised the event, was delighted to see so many people joining in the fun.
“We had a great day – the sun shone, and we were able to treat customers to a taste of local produce. We know that people have many choices when it comes to shopping, and we’re grateful for their custom throughout the year.
“This is our way of saying thank you.”
You may also want to watch:
Cllr Davies said: “A wonderful community event was enjoyed by residents in Pilgrims Hatch when local traders in Hatch Road provided a free hog roast from Berts the Butchers, samples of local beer from the Brentwood Brewing Company and free delicious food courtesy of Costcutters store.”
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Dagenham seal comfortable win over Hornchurch in pre-season
- 8 New Home Bargains store to open in Romford
- 9 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 10 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted