TOWIE star joins local club
Thurrock snap up Mark Wright
Thurrock Football Club have pulled off something of a coup with the signing of Mark Wright, from TV show The Only Way is Essex.
Wright, 24, played a lead role on the BAFTA-winning semi-reality programme, which follows the lives of several young adults in the county.
But he announced at the weekend he would be leaving the show at the end of the third series, which is currently being shown.
Wright was a youth-team player at Tottenham and on the books of Southend and Grays before joining Ryman Division One North side Heybridge Swifts last month.
You may also want to watch:
A defender, he made his debut in a 3-0 defeat against Redbridge and steps up to Conference South level with Fleet, for whom he could make his debut against Dartford tonight (7.45pm).
Fleet could certainly do with a lift, after slipping to a 3-1 defeat at Dover on Saturday to find themselves back inside the bottom three.
- 1 How did your Havering GP surgery score in NHS patient survey?
- 2 Four-car crash in Havering-atte-Bower reignites calls for 20mph speed limit
- 3 Free swimming for schoolchildren in Havering launched ahead of Olympics
- 4 Secondary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 5 Romford drama students to feature alongside celebrities in new WW2 film
- 6 10-storey block expansion of 700-home development in Rainham gets go-ahead
- 7 Severe flooding in Havering and Dagenham as "tornado" hits Barking
- 8 Havering residents warned of weed which can cause ‘severe blistering’
- 9 Primary schools in Havering rated outstanding by Ofsted
- 10 Harold Wood protest against proposed Gallows Corner homes
They are due to entertain Hornchurch in the Essex Senior Cup on November 8 and admission for tonight’s game is �12 adults, �7 students and seniors, �3 for under-15s.