Towie star Gemma Collins comes to Romford for book signing
- Credit: Archant
The Only Way Is Essex star Gemma Collins was in Romford on Friday to sign copies of her new book.
The former Rise Park girl was promoting her autobiography Basically… My Life as a Real Essex Girl at Waterstone’s, in the Liberty Shopping Centre and was greeted by about 100 fans.
She added: “I was completely overwhelmed to do a book signing in my home town of Romford and my old school teacher Mrs Barnes even queued to get my book signed.
“It was amazing and I want to say thank you to everyone that took the time to come and meet me, it was very humbling.”
Georgina Newland, 16, from Harold Wood, queued up with her friend Nicole Reid, 16, from Collier Row, to have copies of their books signed by Gemma.
You may also want to watch:
She said: “We are massive fans of the show, we love the Towie cast especially Gemma, we even went on a tour around Brentwood last week.
“We were so nervous and excited to meet Gemma, but when we did she was so friendly and nice, she asked how we were, thanked us for coming and told us to have a good day, It was great’.
- 1 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 2 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 3 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 4 Family 'sleeps with one ear open' after repeated flooding in heavy rain
- 5 Still no progress on plans for new health hub at St George's Hospital site
- 6 Fire and highwaymen: The history of Hornchurch's old archway
- 7 'I don't feel safe': Mother who uses wheelchair calls for suitable home
- 8 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 9 New social housing allocation system for Havering approved
- 10 Harold Wood primary school collaborates with West Ham on wellbeing garden project
The Liberty manager Jonathan Pooles said it was the sixth visit from Towie stars to the shopping centre and said, “our shoppers have really enjoyed them being here”.
The book is published by Ebury, and costs £12.99.