Tournament held in memory of Brentwood student who died after losing battle with cancer
- Credit: Archant
Netball players from all over the county competed in a tournament in memory of a student who died from cancer.
The tournament for the Georgia Cordery Cup at Brentwood School raised money for Georgia’s Teen Cancer Awareness charity.
In its fifth year, the cup celebrates the memory of Brentwood School pupil Georgia who was herself a netball player and rising star for the sport.
West Ham United players Daniel Potts and Elliott Lee, a former Brentwood School pupil and friend of Georgia, were there to support the players.
Players from Felsted, Coopers Coburn, St Martin’s, Bancroft’s and Chigwell schools joined Brentwood players in the tournament.
You may also want to watch:
Brentwood retained the trophy.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says