Toddler head-trap drama
A toddler who got his head stuck in the back of a metal chair in a shop had to be set free by firefighters.
The two-and-a-half-year-old boy came unstuck in Phones 4u, in The Liberty, Romford, last Wednesday (June 22).
Fire crews from Hainault, Hornchurch and Dagenham were called to the store about 11.30am to help the child who was with his mother.
The store was closed for about 20minutes while crews freed the boy, “to save embarrassment” Blue Watch manager Paul Doye, from Dagenham Fire Service, said.
He added: “He must have been playing around and put his head through the chair but couldn’t get it out.
You may also want to watch:
“He was a bit panicky and a bit shocked. But he was as good as gold.
“We thought about cutting him free but didn’t because it would have been too close to his head so we used brute force instead. We managed to prize open the back of the chair so he could get his head out.”
- 1 Woman dies after falling from 'substantial height' in Romford
- 2 Demolition 'will now begin' to make way for 120 homes at former campus
- 3 Hornchurch man to face trial accused of teeth whitening offence
- 4 Signals at Hornchurch 'crash hotspot' now under review
- 5 Altered timetable means fewer fast trains between Romford and Liverpool Street
- 6 Ex-cop quizzed by police amid historic child sex investigation
- 7 Major train disruption and cancellations through Barking via Rainham
- 8 Sixth form denies knowledge of alleged A Level 'no confidence vote'
- 9 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 10 ‘It was odd’: Nurse who battled breast cancer retires after 30 years