Three charged in connection with burglary that ends in police chase in Harold Wood
Three men are due to appear in court today (Tuesday October 23) in connection with a burglary in Essex which ended in a police chase in Harold Wood.
Police were called at 9.52pm on Sunday, October 21, following reports that cigarettes had been stolen from the Tesco store at London Road, Clacton.
Two vans were later followed on the A12 by police units and one was stopped at Boreham and one man was arrested.
The second van continued into Brentwood then back on to the A12 where it was stopped at Colchester Road, Harold Wood after colliding with several police vehicles. Three further men were arrested.
Another man is also due to appear in court today in connection with the burglary.
A 24-year-old man from London, has been charged with burglary along with 26-year-old of no fixed address.
A 23-year-old from Chelmsford, has been charged with driving while disqualified, using a vehicle without third party insurance and burglary, while a 20-year-old from Chelmsford is charged with driving while disqualified, using a vehicle without third party insurance, assaulting a constable and burglary.
- 1 Hornchurch school puts latest outstanding rating down to 'perfect synergy'
- 2 Woman who 'glued neighbour's door shut' ordered to pay over £600
- 3 Wendy's Romford to open tomorrow
- 4 Mayor of Havering admitted to hospital with Covid-19
- 5 Eight-storey housing and retail development proposed for centre of Romford
- 6 Service users overcharged total of £5m by council accounting 'screw up'
- 7 'Devastated' friends need £36k to help mum with bowel cancer
- 8 Developer submits plan to build 28 houses on rural industrial park
- 9 Police: Blaze in flats with flammable cladding was arson attack
- 10 Plans to cut up to 600 Tube station jobs amid TfL 'funding crisis'