Three arrested after police chase that ends in Harold Wood
Three people have been arrested in connection with a burglary in Essex after a police chase that ended in Harold Wood.
Police were called at 9.52pm yesterday (Sunday October 21) following reports that cigarettes had been stolen from a Tesco store in London Road, Clacton.
Two vans were followed on the A12 by police units and one was stopped at Boreham, Essex, and one man was arrested. The second van continued into Brentwood then back in to the A12 where it was stopped at Colchester Road, Harold Wood, after colliding with several police vehicles.
A 26-year-old man, of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of burglary, aggravated vehicle taking and failing to stop for police; a 23-year-old man, of no fixed address, was arrested on suspicion of burglary; a 24-year-old man from east London was arrested on suspicion of theft and dangerous driving; and a 20-year-old man, from Chelmsford, was arrested on suspicion of burglary.
Police are appealing for information from anyone who saw the burglary or any motoring incidents in the A12 and in Brentwood and Harold Wood.
You may also want to watch:
Anyone who can help should contact DS Mike Wilkinson at Basildon CID on 101 or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Teenager injured after Hornchurch stabbing
- 2 Rainham robbery: Boy, 14, suffers slash injury
- 3 Farnham and Hilldene Estate regeneration plans gather pace
- 4 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 5 Plans submitted to install 5G mast near Gallows Corner
- 6 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 7 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 8 Collier Row grandma crochets letterbox topper to 'make community smile'
- 9 Top activities in Romford this summer according to Tripadvisor
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson included in Little Mix display at Madame Tussauds