Thousands greet Jesy as she brings Little Mix to Liberty
�X Factor favourites Little Mix came to Romford’s Liberty Shopping Centre on Monday night to meet fans and sign autographs.
The group came to member Jesy Nelson’s home town to drum up support ahead of the final of the singing competition this weekend.
More than 2,000 fans were out in force for the signing and to meet the girls and their mentor, Tulisa Contostavlos.
Jesy said: “The crowds and support were absolutely incredible. It has been amazing; I never thought that my homecoming would’ve been as brilliant as this. Everyone has been so thoughtful, I am really grateful.”
Susan Williamson, marketing and PR manager at The Liberty, said: “Jesy Nelson is home grown local talent and we are very proud of her as she used to dance at The Liberty fashion shows.
You may also want to watch:
“Her success so far is due to her hard work and determination, so it means a lot to us at The Liberty for Little Mix to be here and share this amazing moment. It is incredibly positive for other young people in our community to see this.
“The Liberty will be continuing our support for Jesy and the girls. Fingers crossed for Little Mix to win the X Factor.”
- 1 Two in hospital after crash in Upminster involving 'stolen' van
- 2 'Important' ATMs removed from Romford shopping mall
- 3 Eight arrested on suspicion of murder following death of two teens
- 4 Woman dies after car crash near Upminster
- 5 Romford’s M&S staff go viral with Thriller dance TikTok video
- 6 Brentwood attack: CCTV appeal after man repeatedly kicked in head
- 7 Government 'never gave support' for Beam Park station, minister says
- 8 Disruptions to watch out for in and around Havering next week
- 9 How Romford are you? Test yourself with our quiz
- 10 Driver, 18, wanted for driving wrong way through Blackwall Tunnel
The girls spent just over an hour signing autographs and having pictures taken with fans, before an after-party at jewellery shop Pandora.
Strength to strength
Little Mix, who were put together by Tulisa, have gone from strength to strength as the competition has gone on, and for the past three weeks the girls have been the bookies’ favourite to win.
They have made X Factor history by becoming the first girl band to make it to the final and hope to become the first group to win the competition. During the semi-finals on Saturday the group sang The Supremes’ You Keep Me Hanging On and Beyonce’s If I Were a Boy.
They will be competing against Marcus Collins and Amelia Lily in the final.