Third teenager arrested following the death of Jodie Chesney
- Credit: Archant
Detectives investigating the murder of Jodie Chesney in Harold Hill have made a further arrest.
A 17-year-old was arrested on Friday, March 22 on suspicion of murder. He was taken to an east London police station where he remains in custody.
Police were called by the London Ambulance Service at 9.25pm on Friday, March 1, to reports of a stabbing in a park close to St Neot’s Road in Harold Hill.
Officers attended and found the girl scout from Dagenham suffering from a stab injury. She was pronounced dead at 10.26.
Her next of kin were informed and a post-mortem examination held on Sunday, March 3 at East Ham Mortuary gave her cause of death as trauma and haemorrhage.
You may also want to watch:
A murder investigation launched by detectives from the Homicide and Major Crime Command (HMCC) continues apace.
Anyone with information should call the HMCC Incident Room on 020 8345 3775, Tweet @MetCC or call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 2 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 7 Entry and exit wording on ground by Elm Park car park to be investigated
- 8 Women targeted in string of mobile phone thefts at Romford nightclub
- 9 Mum fears gaping ceiling left by workers will 'collapse' on children
- 10 Romford's Jesy Nelson denies 'blackfishing' accusations
Three others have been charged with murder.
Three other people - a 50-year-old man, a 38-year-old woman and a 17-year-old male - who were arrested on Sunday, March 10 on suspicion of assisting an offender - have been released under investigation.