The route to follow during closure of Hornchurch High Street
- Credit: Archant
A section of Hornchurch High Street will be closed to traffic from Monday as part of Havering Council’s regeneration of the area.
Traffic will be diverted from the town centre road between Billet Lane and North Street, and cars from the station can travel via Appleton Way.
See the Romford Recorder’s handy map above for an illustration of the diversions.
The council said that the work is expected to last until “early summer”.
It has spoken to business owners about minimising disruption while the work takes place.
You may also want to watch:
Pick up next week’s Recorder for a special report on Hornchurch town centre.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Free holiday swimming sessions return for Havering schoolchildren
- 10 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says