The Queen due in Harold Hill in next few hours
Thousands of cheering well-wishers are expected to pack streets in Harold Hill today (Friday) to welcome Her Majesty the Queen.
Residents are hoping to catch a glimpse of the royal visitor as she comes to officially open the new multi-million pound Drapers’ Academy buildings, in Settle Road.
The Queen will enjoy a special lunch with students and staff.
She is expected to arrive between 11.45am and 12.15pm and leave between 2.15pm and 2.45pm.
It is the Queen’s first visit to Harold Hill – nearly a decade after her first tour of the borough in 2003.
You may also want to watch:
Drapers’ principal Matthew Slater said: “It’s a proud moment to have a monarch visit in what is such an important year for her and a pivotal year for us.”
Will you be there? We’d love to see your pictures and comments - send them to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- 1 'He was petrified': Rainham mother calls for more action on bullying
- 2 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 3 'For my kids': Mother vows to keep fighting over council flat mould
- 4 Harold Wood walkers ‘frustrated’ as ‘beyond repair’ bridge is closed
- 5 Pooches delight as new dog-friendly playground opens at Collier Row pub
- 6 Covid stats show cases rising across east London boroughs
- 7 Housing in Havering: Major developments set to come to the borough
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 Reward offered to help find iconic Noak Hill Laurel and Hardy statues
- 10 'Darkest days of my life': Six-year-old diagnosed with rare condition suffers OCD, anxiety and depressive symptoms