The Only Way is Essex returns to Brentwood
TV crews have descended on Brentwood once again to film the new series of the “reality” show which has divided the town and thrilled the nation.
Up to 800,000 people tuned in to the first series of The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE), and it was so popular it is returning just four months after the season finished.
The cast, including Brentwood-based Sugar Hut owner Kirk Norcross, beauty salon worker Amy Childs and her friend Sam Faiers are back on TV screens this Sunday night in the ITV2 series.
A Sugar Hut spokesman said on its Twitter page on Wednesday that filming was going on once again for the show.
He said: “Lots to do in preperation (sic) for CHIC on Thurs here at Sugar Hut but being distracted by all the TOWIE filming that’s going on here!”
You may also want to watch:
Since the first episodes aired it has been claimed that the show boosts tourism and property searches in Brentwood, as well as providing a cosmetic surgery boom.
An ITV2 spokesman said: “While we don’t want to spoil too much we can reveal all your favourites from Nanny Pat to Kirk will be back plus there may well be some new eye-candy.”
- 1 Kem Cetinay officially opens Array restaurant in Harold Wood
- 2 Guilty: Who was jailed across east London in July?
- 3 'Prisoners in our own homes': Hornchurch residents left without lifts
- 4 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 5 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 6 BHRUT doctors taking on triathlon in memory of colleague’s daughter
- 7 Tube strike suspended to allow for further talks
- 8 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
Elsewhere in cyberspace, opinion was divided over the show.
Twitter user Abi Northover said: “Lady in New Look asked if I lived in London, all I could think was ‘I’m an Essex girl’ TOWIE ruined my life.”
But Hannah Mortlock said: “Anyone who isn’t from Essex is just jealous, Miami of England! TOWIE”.
The cast of the show recorded a music video to tie in with the new series called I’m in Essex, which has been viewed more than 250,000 times in just over a week.