The Only Way is Essex returns to Brentwood
TV crews have descended on Brentwood once again to film the new series of the “reality” show which has divided the town and thrilled the nation.
Up to 800,000 people tuned in to the first series of The Only Way is Essex (TOWIE), and it was so popular it is returning just four months after the season finished.
The cast, including Brentwood-based Sugar Hut owner Kirk Norcross, beauty salon worker Amy Childs and her friend Sam Faiers are back on TV screens this Sunday night in the ITV2 series.
A Sugar Hut spokesman said on its Twitter page on Wednesday that filming was going on once again for the show.
He said: “Lots to do in preperation (sic) for CHIC on Thurs here at Sugar Hut but being distracted by all the TOWIE filming that’s going on here!”
You may also want to watch:
Since the first episodes aired it has been claimed that the show boosts tourism and property searches in Brentwood, as well as providing a cosmetic surgery boom.
An ITV2 spokesman said: “While we don’t want to spoil too much we can reveal all your favourites from Nanny Pat to Kirk will be back plus there may well be some new eye-candy.”
- 1 One teenager dead in Harold Hill double stabbing
- 2 'Beyond annoying' - New traffic measure coming to Hornchurch junction
- 3 Election 2021: Live Havering and Redbridge London Assembly updates
- 4 Arrests made after multiple stabbing in Havering
- 5 Labour's Sadiq Khan wins London mayoral election
- 6 Heritage: The life of Havering's well-loved Peter the Painter
- 7 Romford woman through to Ms Great Britain 2021 final
- 8 Man in hospital after falling 'from height' in Romford
- 9 May 17: What can't open when Covid-19 lockdown rules ease?
- 10 The Romfood Review: A bit of the East End in Essex
Elsewhere in cyberspace, opinion was divided over the show.
Twitter user Abi Northover said: “Lady in New Look asked if I lived in London, all I could think was ‘I’m an Essex girl’ TOWIE ruined my life.”
But Hannah Mortlock said: “Anyone who isn’t from Essex is just jealous, Miami of England! TOWIE”.
The cast of the show recorded a music video to tie in with the new series called I’m in Essex, which has been viewed more than 250,000 times in just over a week.