The Only Way Is Essex hairdressers thrust into spotlight
HAIRDRESSERS in three local salons have been suddenly thrust into the spotlight after The Only Way Is Essex participants had their hair done in their salons.
Michael Wood and Candy Jacobs from the show have been seen, and filmed, having cuts, colours and blow dries in Uppercuts’ Brentwood, Romford and Gants Hill branches.
Marketing manager Maxine Parry said: “It’s been exciting, the crew’s pretty good and they try not to get in the way. It causes a bit of fun in the salons when they are in because we’re all watching the programme. All the clients look forward to it.”
The salons became accidental stars because participant Michael Wood has been using Uppercuts since he was a boy.
Candy Jacobs also comes in to the Gants Hill branch to have her hair blow dried whenever she goes out to the Faces nightclub, which is opposite the salon.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Katrina Whisker said: “I’m hooked on watching the series especially now they come into the salon. They do cause a bit of a stir with the clients as they’ve become local celebrities.
The show’s glamorouressex ethos has had a knock-on effect for the salon’s staff as they never know when the film crew will pop in.”
- 1 Gallows Corner Tesco development proposal refused
- 2 Collier Row shooting: Police release CCTV in bid to trace man
- 3 'Heads should roll': Drug dealers left on Romford streets for eight months
- 4 Weekly Covid cases across east London revealed
- 5 Daniel Laskos death: Court hearing for murder accused teens
- 6 Sentencing of Harold Hill ATM robber is postponed
- 7 Charity opens development to help homeless into independent living
- 8 Mum opens Romford juice van to offer healthy snacks and drinks for kids
- 9 Deep clean of Havering aims to get streets 'back to how they should be’
- 10 Met Office issues yellow warning for heavy showers in London
“We always look our best now it’s gone really glamorous, everyone’s on their guard in case they are on TV,” Ms Parry said.