The Only Way Is Essex hairdressers thrust into spotlight
HAIRDRESSERS in three local salons have been suddenly thrust into the spotlight after The Only Way Is Essex participants had their hair done in their salons.
Michael Wood and Candy Jacobs from the show have been seen, and filmed, having cuts, colours and blow dries in Uppercuts’ Brentwood, Romford and Gants Hill branches.
Marketing manager Maxine Parry said: “It’s been exciting, the crew’s pretty good and they try not to get in the way. It causes a bit of fun in the salons when they are in because we’re all watching the programme. All the clients look forward to it.”
The salons became accidental stars because participant Michael Wood has been using Uppercuts since he was a boy.
Candy Jacobs also comes in to the Gants Hill branch to have her hair blow dried whenever she goes out to the Faces nightclub, which is opposite the salon.
You may also want to watch:
Manager Katrina Whisker said: “I’m hooked on watching the series especially now they come into the salon. They do cause a bit of a stir with the clients as they’ve become local celebrities.
The show’s glamorouressex ethos has had a knock-on effect for the salon’s staff as they never know when the film crew will pop in.”
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 5 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 6 Seventh person arrested in connection with fatal stabbing in Harold Wood
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Harold Wood fatal stabbing victim named as police arrest three more people
- 9 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
“We always look our best now it’s gone really glamorous, everyone’s on their guard in case they are on TV,” Ms Parry said.