The heat is on for Havering College’s student rockstars
HAVERING College students are feeling the heat as they prepare to compete in an international music festival in the Maldives
Adam Skolfield, Mike Bowley, Kieron Johnston and Charlie Knight formed their group BridgeBound after meeting as students at Havering College of Further and Higher Education in Ardleigh Green Road, Hornchurch
Now the band are about to face their toughest test when they compete in the International BreakOut Final at the O2 Academy in Islington on Sunday, October 31.
Drummer Mr Knight 19, from Harold Hill, lead guitarists and vocalists Mr Skolfield, 20, from Harold Wood, and Mr Bowley, 21, from Brentwood plus Romford resident Mr Johnston 19, on bass, describe their music as “rock with a fusion of pop”.
Mr Knight, a second year music degree student, said: “We really have to step up the mark for the final as the competition is intense. We are practising hard so that every performance is better than the last.”
You may also want to watch:
The competition organised by Jar Music Group aims to give emerging talent a platform to reach a wider audience.
The top voted band will be offered the chance to headline at the Maldives Breakout Festival.
- 1 Indian variant of Covid-19 - what's the situation in London?
- 2 Mum-of-two's long-term home 'nightmare' amid housing crisis
- 3 Jailed: Dagenham car burglar after 100mph pursuit in Romford
- 4 Met officers used 'excessive force' during Romford fight
- 5 Romford student receives Amazon bursary for women studying computer science
- 6 Deadline looming to comment on Market Place development plans
- 7 Sensory room in Harold Hill school gets new mural
- 8 Heritage: Is it Romford or Rumford? You decide
- 9 Woman 'repulsed and sick' after finding bug in Lidl yoghurt
- 10 Man and two boys charged with murder of Daniel Laskos in Harold Wood
“It would be amazing to win and find ourselves performing in front of 11,000 people in the Maldives,” Mr Knight added.
The band could also be line for a tour and a recording contract.
For tickets to the International BreakOut final visit www.o2academyislington.co.uk
You can hear BridgeBound perform at www.myspace.com/bridgeboundband.