The heat is on for Havering College’s student rockstars
HAVERING College students are feeling the heat as they prepare to compete in an international music festival in the Maldives
Adam Skolfield, Mike Bowley, Kieron Johnston and Charlie Knight formed their group BridgeBound after meeting as students at Havering College of Further and Higher Education in Ardleigh Green Road, Hornchurch
Now the band are about to face their toughest test when they compete in the International BreakOut Final at the O2 Academy in Islington on Sunday, October 31.
Drummer Mr Knight 19, from Harold Hill, lead guitarists and vocalists Mr Skolfield, 20, from Harold Wood, and Mr Bowley, 21, from Brentwood plus Romford resident Mr Johnston 19, on bass, describe their music as “rock with a fusion of pop”.
Mr Knight, a second year music degree student, said: “We really have to step up the mark for the final as the competition is intense. We are practising hard so that every performance is better than the last.”
The competition organised by Jar Music Group aims to give emerging talent a platform to reach a wider audience.
The top voted band will be offered the chance to headline at the Maldives Breakout Festival.
- 1 Mother's agony after daughter laid dead in Hornchurch flat for six weeks
- 2 'I just shut my eyes': Murder accused tells of moment he ran over victim
- 3 Parking restricted at country park as work starts on Covid woodland memorial
- 4 Scrap 'ludicrous' mandatory vaccination policy, says Rosindell
- 5 Isla Caton 'gains her angel wings' after five-year cancer battle
- 6 Hornchurch Japanese restaurant rejects licensing officer's advice over late opening application
- 7 'Use it or lose it': More sign-ups needed to save food delivery service
- 8 Romford tree protest cancelled after campaign success
- 9 Deputy mayor steps in to mark first Covid-19 memorial tree in Havering
- 10 Fake Dyson Airwrap and Primark baby toy among recent recalled items
“It would be amazing to win and find ourselves performing in front of 11,000 people in the Maldives,” Mr Knight added.
The band could also be line for a tour and a recording contract.
For tickets to the International BreakOut final visit www.o2academyislington.co.uk
You can hear BridgeBound perform at www.myspace.com/bridgeboundband.