The cream of the catwalk is crowned in a fashion finale
�The top 25 catwalk hopefuls dazzled shoppers at The Mercury Mall Romford for the finals of the Get into Fashion model competition.
They strutted their stuff on the runway in an array of autumn fashions as judges took on the tough job of choosing the winners from across five age categories.
Mall deputy manager, Sarah de Courcy Rolls, said: “Modelling is not just about good looks and confidence, but about individuality and character, and the people we saw this weekend had personality in abundance.”
The judge’s panel was made up of former model Daisy Esquerre, Stephanie Thornton of Len Dance Designer Images, and Lisa Perfect, from Choice clothing.
Choosing the final cast for the shows was a tough job for the judges.
You may also want to watch:
More than 380 contestants’ photos were taken during three scouting days at The Mercury Mall.
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'
Recorder readers then shortlisted 204 who were whittled down to 25.
The age categories were: four to six; seven to ten; 11 to 15; 16 to 29; and 30 years and over.
Each winner received a share of �700 of vouchers to spend in-store at The Mercury Mall.
Len Dance photography, in Leigh-on-Sea, awarded each winner a photography package worth �800.
H&T pawnbrokers also donated a �10 voucher for all adult finalists.