The Brewery wins green environmental award
The Brewery in Romford has won an award for their green efforts in the shopping centre.
They were given the International Green Hero Award after impressing judges with their environmental best practices like upgrading their lighting system, a water saving project and holding green forums.
Trevor Baylis OBE, the inventor of windup radio presented The Brewery with the award at East Wintergarden, Canary Wharf, London.
Rubie Charalambous, centre director at The Brewery said: “As a large retail and leisure scheme, we are continuously looking at new ways that we can be environmentally friendly.
“It is important that we make this a priority and deliver results that positively impact upon the local environment and community.
You may also want to watch:
This is a huge accolade for The Brewery, recognising the management team and its retailers’ dedication to ongoing green initiatives.”
- 1 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 2 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 5 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 6 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Two men stabbed after fight reported outside Romford nightclub
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 'Unexplained' Collier Row death 'not believed to be suspicious'