The Brewery wins green environmental award
The Brewery in Romford has won an award for their green efforts in the shopping centre.
They were given the International Green Hero Award after impressing judges with their environmental best practices like upgrading their lighting system, a water saving project and holding green forums.
Trevor Baylis OBE, the inventor of windup radio presented The Brewery with the award at East Wintergarden, Canary Wharf, London.
Rubie Charalambous, centre director at The Brewery said: “As a large retail and leisure scheme, we are continuously looking at new ways that we can be environmentally friendly.
“It is important that we make this a priority and deliver results that positively impact upon the local environment and community.
You may also want to watch:
This is a huge accolade for The Brewery, recognising the management team and its retailers’ dedication to ongoing green initiatives.”
- 1 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 2 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 3 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?
- 4 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 5 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 6 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 7 'Accident waiting to happen': Neighbours on 'traffic carnage' around school
- 8 Beam Park station 'can't go ahead without government support', council says
- 9 Havering's MPs mourn fatal stabbing of Sir David Amess
- 10 Havering parks retain Green Flag awards