Tesco stores in Havering target undiagnosed diabetes sufferers with free risk assessments
- Credit: Archant
Nearly 3,000 people in Havering have type 2 diabetes without knowing it.
That’s the estimate of Diabetes UK – and they hope to do something about it, with a little help from a supermarket chain.
Shoppers at the Romford, Rainham and Gallows Corner Tesco Extra branches can visit the in-store pharmacy for a free type 2 diabetes risk assessment. It doesn’t involve a blood test and takes less than 10 minutes.
The pharmacies will also be giving out information packs in the hope of identifying some of the estimated 2,813 unknowing diabetics.
In addition, Tesco is fundraising for research into a vaccine against type 1 Diabetes this year.
You may also want to watch:
For more information, visit www.diabetes.org.uk/tesco.
- 1 Plane crash in Upminster sees man taken to hospital as a priority
- 2 Road and rail: Disruptions to watch out for in Havering next week
- 3 Man 'wraps metal chain around woman's neck' in Hornchurch park attack
- 4 West Ham free to build new training facility as council approves plans
- 5 Romford celebrity scandals: Stars who hit headlines for the wrong reasons
- 6 ‘It is our moral obligation’: Upminster school launches mental health team
- 7 Revealed: The most popular baby names in your area in 2020
- 8 Kem Cetinay’s Array restaurant to host Halloween 'ball'
- 9 Man charged with attempted bank robbery in Romford to appear in court
- 10 Development coming to Havering: What plans were submitted, approved or rejected in recent months?