Teenagers arrested in connection with stabbing of Collier Row boy bailed
- Credit: Archant
Two teenagers arrested on suspicion of the murder of 16-year-old Munashe Charles Kutyauripo, better known as Charlie, have been bailed.
The 17-year-olds arrested on Saturday at separate addresses have been bailed pending further enquiries and are due back in late February.
Detectives also continue to appeal to trace Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete, 16, who is being treated as a suspect in the murder investigation of the teen from Collier Row Lane, Collier Row, on January 9.
Aaron is described as black, 5ft 10ins tall, of slim build with facial hair.
When last seen, he was wearing a dark hooded jacket with a yellow motif on the left sleeve, dark coloured trousers and trainers. He was also carrying a distinctive black “man bag” with a white Nike logo.
You may also want to watch:
Det Ch Insp Mark Lawson, of the Met’s Homicide and Major Crime Command, said: “I am reaching out to Aaron’s family and friends.
“We want to trace him and speak to him about what he knows about Charlie’s murder.
- 1 Watch police fine seven in Romford for watching TV together
- 2 Letters: Breaking bad news, boundary changes, lockdown and parking
- 3 British Gas engineers burn contracts at Havering Town Hall in defiance of 'sign or be fired'
- 4 Mick Norcross, The Only Way Is Essex star, has died aged 57
- 5 NHS nurse assaulted at east London hospital
- 6 Covid deaths increase at Queen's and King George hospitals this week
- 7 From the town hall: The fight against Covid-19 continues in Havering
- 8 Queen's and King George hospitals appeal for volunteers to support end of life patients
- 9 Heritage: How greyhound enthusiast's 1960s betting coup failed
- 10 'A tax on relationships': Politicians criticise boundary charge proposal
“If you know where he is or are in contact with him, now is the time to come forward and speak to us.
“Aaron has not been seen since the murder and I am appealing directly to his friends, if you are helping him by giving him somewhere to stay, lending him money or letting him use your Oyster card please do not stay silent any longer, get in touch with us and help us to find him.
“We understand that some may have concerns with speaking to the police but it is important that they do so and we can offer reassurance and support for those that can assist us with our enquiries.
“Charlie’s family have been left devastated by his death, they want and deserve answers about what happened.
“My direct message to Aaron is - while you have the opportunity please get in touch with us or come into a police station.
“We need to talk to you.”
Charlie was stabbed after a confrontation began outside a social club at Ashton Playing Fields off of Chigwell Road, Woodford Bridge, where a 16th birthday party was being held.
A post-mortem examination held at Walthamstow Mortuary gave cause of death as a stab wound to the chest.
Anyone with any information or knows of Aaron Alexander Tavares-Gaiete’s whereabouts are asked to contact the incident room on 020 8358 0200 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.