Teen to skydive for mental health charity
- Credit: Holly Brooker
A Havering teenager who is scared of heights is planning to overcome her fears through a skydive in aid of a mental health charity.
Seventeen-year-old Holly Brooker is from Rainham and studies at New City College’s Havering Sixth Form campus in Hornchurch.
Mental health charity Mind will receive all funds raised from the skydive, which will take place in Maidstone, Kent once Holly has raised enough funds to book it.
She said: “This charity has helped me and some of my relatives so much. Luckily, I was able to overcome my issues because I had great support from the friends and family around me, but not everyone has that option.
"Mind helps reassure people facing mental health problems that they are not alone.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I’m doing the skydive in honour of myself, my friends, family and anyone else who has or is experiencing mental health problems."
The 17-year-old aims to raise £500 in total, and has already raised £160 thanks to 16 donors.
To donate, visit: www.gofundme.com/f/hollys-skydive-for-charity
- 1 'Disgraceful': Ex-estate agent sentenced for Chris Whitty assault
- 2 Daniel Laskos stabbing: Teens plead not guilty to murder
- 3 Chronically ill Romford man's fight for diagnosis after being told problem is psychological
- 4 Harold Hill man pleads guilty to Chris Whitty assault
- 5 Lower Thames Crossing: How would Upminster be affected?
- 6 Road and rail disruptions coming up over the coming week
- 7 Meet the Olympians from east London and Brentwood
- 8 Romford ‘best in region’ chef shares his cooking tip and favourite dish
- 9 'Lovely service': Initial impressions of Kem Cetinay's restaurant Array
- 10 Summer school sees music pupils reunited after 18 months