Teen to skydive for mental health charity
- Credit: Holly Brooker
A Havering teenager who is scared of heights is planning to overcome her fears through a skydive in aid of a mental health charity.
Seventeen-year-old Holly Brooker is from Rainham and studies at New City College’s Havering Sixth Form campus in Hornchurch.
Mental health charity Mind will receive all funds raised from the skydive, which will take place in Maidstone, Kent once Holly has raised enough funds to book it.
She said: “This charity has helped me and some of my relatives so much. Luckily, I was able to overcome my issues because I had great support from the friends and family around me, but not everyone has that option.
"Mind helps reassure people facing mental health problems that they are not alone.”
You may also want to watch:
She added: “I’m doing the skydive in honour of myself, my friends, family and anyone else who has or is experiencing mental health problems."
The 17-year-old aims to raise £500 in total, and has already raised £160 thanks to 16 donors.
To donate, visit: www.gofundme.com/f/hollys-skydive-for-charity
- 1 Firefighters fight car alight in Romford
- 2 Thunderstorms, heavy rain forecast as Met Office issues yellow warnings
- 3 From 100 steps to 10,000: Romford woman tackles serious health issues by losing third of body weight
- 4 Delta variant accounts for majority of Covid cases in much of east London
- 5 BID installs wall of evergreen plants to ‘welcome people’ to Romford
- 6 Love Island star Kem Cetinay says Romford's Array to open 'in three weeks'
- 7 London Stadium to host mass Covid-19 jabs event for north east Londoners
- 8 Romford neighbours' outrage over ‘bonkers’ £20,000 council bill
- 9 'We had no idea how big he was': 11lb 4oz baby born at Romford hospital
- 10 Six green spaces to enjoy in Havering